WHAT IS PSYCHOSEXUAL / SEX THERAPY?
Sex therapy is a talking therapy which focuses on the psychological/emotional causes of sexual dysfunctions and problems when medical causes have been ruled out. We work on exploring and understanding the cause of a problem and utilise strategies and tools to help in overcoming the difficulty.
Common sexual difficulties include:
- Erectile Dysfunction – including porn related E.D.
- Premature Ejaculation
- Difficulty ejaculating
- Vulval / Vaginal pain
- Low / no desire
- Arousal difficulties
- Sexual Aversion / Fear of intimacy
In addition, therapy can help in working with:
- Sex addiction
- Porn addiction
- Changing unwanted sexual behaviours
- Understanding sexual orientation
- Building self confidence
- Working with previous sexual trauma
- Impact of Menopause on Intimacy